The Creative Arts Professional Summit is an annual event put on by Morna McEver from International Association of Creative Arts Professional. It’s a great event to attend to work ON your business instead of IN your business. By answering introspective questions and participating in focused exercises, you grow both personally and professionally. Collaborating, networking and eating together is also a sure way to make new friends and business associates (pictured below). But most importantly, you learn how to move your business forward through specific action driven by a new mindset for where you want your business to be. This is my second year and it was great! Since last year I have released 7 quilting patterns and have been picked up by 2 distributors. I am so excited to do something that I enjoy and see my business grow.
WHAT I LEARNED AT CABS 2016:
1. Laurie knows a lot of Information that helped me with how, who and where.
2. Relationships build business.
3. Promote. Promote. Promote.
4. Communication is key, be clear with expectations.(Contract)
5. I need a square.
6. You never know where your next business opportunity will come from (Terri’s card game).
7. Proof your patterns. Again.
8. Know where your peeps are, Facebook, Instagram, Blogs
9. Your website should let people know what you are doing, what you are selling.
10. SEO? Please add info.
11. Success or failure? Own it.
12. Find ways to work smarter, collaborate.
13. Dream bigger.
14. Copyright: tangible and intangible rights.
15. YOU are your brand.
16. Project your dreams with positive statements and read them daily.
17. Believe in your dream and in yourself.
18. Work toward your goals, 3 things daily.
19. When hosting a blog hop, clear your calendar!
20. Replace limiting beliefs with positive affirmations.
21. Facebook groups can build fan base.
22. Stretch your neck during photos. Lol
23. Get them to Know, Like and Trust you.
Every year I make a list of what I learned, see what I learned last year on this post.
This event is a great investment to build your creative business, for more information on next year’s conference, click on the picture below.